Monday, November 1, 2010

Soldier for a day

One of my regrets has been not seriously considering joining the armed forces. Wanted to go for it after my +2’s but my score made sure I’d never make it in, after my BE, it was too late.

A few days ago I got a little feel of how a soldier feels in a firefight. On our team outing we had competed against each other in a Paintball match. The group was split into a team of 7 each. The gear consisted of a Paintball gun also called a marker of Tippmann make , a mask and a body armor .

The 1st match we got drubbed badly, I was the team lead and a made a mess of it, were knocked out in the 1st round. But the second round was where the money was, 10 paint balls for each member. We played well and we won the final match.



From a management perspective it’s one of the best games to gauge the personality traits of a person, how daring he is , how he behaves when under stress and when rapid decisions are needed to be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment