Saturday, January 7, 2012

The brown dog

Those of us who have had dogs growing up will understand how much of profound influence they have on us. And how much we miss them.

They are truly stress busters.



A pic of a dog which visits our home or follows me home whenever it sees me.

We have always had dogs in our house, Mom had a Pomeranian and than we had a cross breed Mudhol which was the most aggressive one we ever had. 2 strays. Buzo a Golden Retriever cross , which we adopted from our neighbors.They had mistreated him and when they left the dog choose to remain behind in our house. He was with us for quite some time, not once did I touch him, he had become very aggressive due to the abuse.

Then we had Johnny as GSD cross, my best dog till now, very intelligent. I have very fond memories of him. Died at the age of 11 few years ago. We never got another dog after that. I did adopt a Golden Retriever, but gave it back as it was too big and did not adjust in our house. I cried when I gave him back, he was with us for only I week.

One of my all time fav quotes on dogs and humans is the one by Will Rogers-

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went." Will Rogers, 1897-1935

No comments:

Post a Comment